Expansion to new third floor nearly complete at Apple Store in Hong Kong's IFC MallApple's first retail store in Hong Kong will soon offer three floors of shopping space, once renovations are completed at the IFC Mall location.
Construction on the IFC Mall store is nearly complete, photos captured by AppleInsider this week reveal. Passersby on the third floor can see a sign stating the new third floor is set to open "soon."
"We're taking things up a level," it reads.
The IFC Mall location will feature a separate staircase to access the new third-floor expansion, rather than making the existing staircase taller.
Apple hasn't officially announced when the new third floor will open, but from outside the store it can be seen that lights are already turned on in preparation for the expansion.
The mall at the International Finance Center is home to Apple's first-ever store in Hong Kong, having originally opened in 2011. The building is a waterfront commercial development in the city's Central District, featuring a four-story shopping center.
Apple's IFC store is famous for stretching across a roadway that runs underneath the building.
Apple opened its 28th store in China last week, with plans to have a total of 40 retail locations in the country by the middle of 2016. The company's aggressive expansions continue as China is on the verge of becoming Apple's largest market.
On Topic: General
- Apple monitoring AT&T's potential merger with Time Warner, report says
- Trade-in coupon: $20 cash bonus when you trade in your old Mac ahead of rumored 2016 MacBook Pros
- US internet users suffering under DDoS attacks on key DNS provider
- AT&T purchase of Time Warner could be announced this weekend - report
- Tesla tips more details of self-driving ridesharing service