This week on AI: Apple Car secrets, iPhone & iPad launch dates, a Dr. Dre TV show & moreThis week more evidence of Apple's car project was uncovered, while rumors hinted at an Apple Music TV show starring Dr. Dre, as well as a launch date for a new 4-inch iPhone and third-generation iPad Air. Separately, Apple seeded several new betas and was hit with two lawsuits.
To keep up on the latest in the Apple world, download the official AppleInsider app, and subscribe to our email newsletter.
Everything you need to know:
- AppleInsider learned that the city of Sunnyvale gave Apple approval to build an "auto testing center" > >
- Apple has also received complaints about "motor noises" at its Sunnyvale facilities > >
- CBS chief claims talks with Apple for a streaming TV service have stopped > >
- A new 4-inch iPhone and a third-gen iPad Air could ship as soon as March 18 > >
- Apple Music may soon feature a sex- and violence-laden TV show starring Dr. Dre > >
- A new class action lawsuit accuses Apple of blocking third-party Touch ID repairs > >
- Immersion filed a lawsuit and ITC complaint over Apple's use of haptic technology > >
- Apple released new public betas of iOS 9.3 and OS X 10.11.4 > >
For in-depth discussion of this week's hottest stories, listen to the AppleInsider podcast. Subscribe here, or stream the embed below:
A roundup of our hottest stories this week:
Apple working on systems for 'high-end cars' at California 'auto testing center'
Late-night 'motor noises' emanate from Apple's mysterious car testing center
CBS head says talks for Apple streaming TV have stopped for time being
Rumor: New 4" iPhone, 'iPad Air 3' will go on sale Friday, March 18
First Apple Music TV series to star Dr. Dre, will feature 'no shortage of violence and sex'
Apple slapped with class action suit over Touch ID-related 'Error 53' code
Immersion files lawsuit, ITC complaint against Apple's haptic technology
Apple supplies third betas of iOS 9.3, OS X El Capitan 10.11.4 to public testers
Apple drops third betas of iOS 9.3, watchOS 2.2, and tvOS 9.2
First look: Apple adds voice dictation to latest Apple TV with tvOS 9.2 beta 3
TSMC reportedly sole supplier of next-gen 'iPhone 7' A-series chip
Apple Music to go live on Sonos connected speakers tomorrow
On Topic: General
- Apple can add 62M iOS users in India but it won't be easy, analyst says
- Google staves off Oracle code copyright claim
- VirnetX asks court to ban FaceTime and iMessage, add $190 million to patent payout
- Apple invention turns Lightning headphones into smart walkie-talkies
- Energy consumption concerns loom over Apple's proposed Irish data center