HomePod mini Intercom, new HomeKit cameras & lights, and more on HomeKit Insider
The HomeKit Insider podcast goes in depth on the new HomePod mini, plus new HomeKit cameras and lights devices from Aqara and Nanoleaf.
Apple took one of its biggest steps forward in HomeKit with the announcement of the HomePod mini and we answer all of your questions about what this means for our homes. That includes how you set up the new Intercom feature so that you can talk to your HomePod mini and have it relay your voice to an iPhone, iPad — and Apple Watch.
Yet however good HomePod mini is going to be as a speaker, and as a HomeKit hub, Apple is not the only firm with a new HomeKit product. Aqara's Camera Hub G2H is now available in the US, and it's a HomeKit Secure Video unit that doubles as a hub for Aqara devices such as lighting.
Speaking of lighting, Nanoleaf has now announced HomeKit-enabled Shapes Triangles, and Mini Triangles. These are the wall decorations that combine together in any pattern you want — which then lights up, too.
Aqara G2H Cam Promo
Links from the show
- AppleInsider answers all your HomePod mini questions
- How to setup and use Intercom on iPhone, Apple Watch, and HomePod
- You can't stereo pair HomePod with HomePod mini, but home theater support coming soon
- Aqara Camera Hub G2H with HomeKit Secure Video arrives in US
- Aqara HomeKit Security Video Indoor Camera G2H
- Nanoleaf launches HomeKit Shapes Triangles and Mini Triangles smart lights
- Nanoleaf Live 2020 - YouTube
- Abode Home Security - #1 DIY Home Security
- Aqara Hub - Zigbee Smart Home Hub
Stay tuned for more!
Please also leave a rating or review us on Apple Podcasts to help us improve the show as we move forward.
Those looking to sponsor the HomeKit Insider show can reach out to [email protected]
Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod or HomePod mini. Say, "Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider Daily," and you'll get a fast update direct from the AppleInsider team.