AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content.
On this week's episode of the AppleInsider Podcast, your hosts discuss new rumors about a 27-inch Apple Silicon iMac, go over our new renders of the Apple VR headset, and highlight iPhone apps for travel.
A new report from Digitimes claims that production has begun on a new, colorful 27-inch iMac. While this new iMac may not sport the mini-LED display technology found in the redesigned MacBook Pro or 12.9-inch iPad Pro, we expect it to launch in early 2022.
New renders have been created by AppleInsider of the forthcoming Apple VR headset also expected in 2022. We discuss the potential features of Apple's headset, and how it may compare to current options like the Oculus Quest.
At least 30 US states are working toward adopting a digital driver's license option that should work with Apple Wallet ID on iPhone. The TSA claims they will begin testing digital IDs across two US airports in February 2022, with additional locations soon after.
Our hosts also look back at 2021 and pick their favorite Apple hardware launch, favorite new software feature from WWDC, and answer listener questions, including iconic Apple devices from our past.
Follow our hosts
Support the show
Support the show on Patreon or Apple Podcasts to get ad-free episodes every week, access to our private Discord channel, and early release of the show! We would also appreciate a 5-star rating and review in Apple Podcasts
Links from the show
- Apple Should Make a Giant iPad as Its Smart Home Portal
- New & colorful 27-inch iMac starts production, reportedly won't have mini LED
- A prominent orange dot in macOS Monterey is causing problems for artists
- Apple's VR headset: What to expect and what it will look like
- New Apple iCloud Private Relay guide details what it doesn't cover
- Pixelmator Pro update adds Motion exports, improved SVG handling
- How to avoid damaging your iPhone's battery health
- 30 states working on digital drivers licenses, TSA will allow them soon
- The best travel apps you need on your iPhone
- TripIt: Travel Planner
- Vintage iPod Shuffle as hair clip video goes viral, makes us all feel old
- Build Your First Swift UI App in Swift Playgrounds 4 - YouTube
More AppleInsider podcasts
Tune in to our HomeKit Insider podcast covering the latest news, products, apps and everything HomeKit related. Subscribe in Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or just search for HomeKit Insider wherever you get your podcasts.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]
Subscribe to AppleInsider on:
Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast — and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too.If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.