On this week's episode of the HomeKit Insider podcast, your hosts cover all the latest smart home news, review the new Samsung S95C QD-OLED TV, and talk about MagSafe versus Qi2.
This week SwitchBot updated its Hub 2 controller to add Matter support. This includes the IR blaster for any legacy devices you have in your home that aren't yet connected to your smart home.
Next, there's an additional new feature in the Aqara app update that we covered in last week's episode. Scenes created in the Aqara app can now be ported directly over to the Home app and accessed from Siri.
Plus Sengled is out with its newest product, a simple Matter-connected multi-color smart bulb.
In the second half of the episode, your hosts try to differentiate between Qi2 and MagSafe and Apple's decision to offer both components for sale to accessory manufacturers.
We also review the new Samsung S95C QD-OLED television that has a variety of smart features, including support for AirPlay 2.
Links from the show
- Mail a Spud - The Original Mail a Potato
- Threads Has Lost More Than 80% of Its Daily Active Users
- Switchbot Hub 2 Update Adds IR Functionality to HomeKit - Homekit News and Reviews
- Aqara App Update Ports Scenes to Apple HomeKit - Homekit News and Reviews
- Sengled Releases its First Matter Smart Bulb - Homekit News and Reviews
- Apple Watch accessory makers prepare for charger changes
- Samsung S95C Review: The Ultimate QD-OLED TV Revolution! - YouTube
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]
Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast — and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too. If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.