Apple releases first mid-2013 MacBook Air Software Update on revamped Support webpageApple on Thursday released an update to its recently released MacBook Air models, addressing issues affecting Wi-Fi connectivity, screen flickering when using Adobe Photoshop and volume fluctuation during video playback.
Apple's "MacBook Air (Mid 2013) Software Update 1.0" is the first for the company's thin-and-light lineup that was in June, and fixes a number of bugs users have complained about over the past few weeks.
Among the initial problems cited by users was intermittent loss of Wi-Fi signals, a problem Apple partially addressed in a separate AirPort Utility software update earlier this month.
Another problem cropped up last week when MacBook Air owners complained of uncontrollable volume fluctuations while playing video content in both first-party and third-party applications. This too has reportedly been solved with the latest Software Update 1.0.
Finally, the release fixes an issue that would occasionally cause screen flickering when using Adobe Photoshop.
The MacBook Air (Mid 2013) Software Update comes in at 3.35MB and can be downloaded via Apple's Support Downloads webpage.
On a side note, Apple also revamped its Support Downloads webpage, which now takes on a look more in line with the rest of the site. Instead of listing updates in a linear fashion, the releases are laid out in rows and columns, offering a cleaner and arguably more appealing interface.
On Topic: General
- Alphabet, Fiat Chrysler working toward self-driving car tie-up - report
- Apple-supported US Email Privacy Act passes unanimous House vote, with compromises
- Volkswagen says it's not in talks with Apple or Google about new 'digital mobility' businesses
- Second-gen August Smart Lock with Apple HomeKit support now shipping
- Indian government approves Apple bid to open stores free of 30% sourcing policy