Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 05:17 am PT (08:17 am ET)
Rumor: Updated MacBook Pros to arrive in late Oct., new Mac Pro in mid Nov.Alleged availability dates for some of Apple's anticipated upcoming products were reported on Tuesday, pegging new MacBook Pros to launch in just over a week, with the revamped Mac Pro desktop apparently set to debut in mid November.
The alleged dates come from French site MacG.co, which believes new 13- and 15-inch MacBook Pros will be available for sale either Oct. 24 or 25. It's expected that Apple's new professional-grade notebooks will feature Intel's latest-generation Haswell processors, which offer significant savings in power consumption, thus improving battery life.
As for the new Mac Pro, which Apple already gave a sneak peek at earlier this year, the site claims that the new desktop will be available for delivery on Nov. 15.
The site also claims that Apple's fifth-generation iPad and second-generation iPad mini will go on sale either Oct. 30 or 31. It's unclear whether that would be the date orders would begin, or if the devices would be available to physically have in hand.
The iPad dates are somewhat suspect, as Apple traditionally launches new iOS products on Fridays. For example, last year the Wi-Fi-only versions of the first-generation iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad went on sale Nov. 2, on their way to total sales of 3 million total units in the first three days of availability.
Apple is expected to announce dates for multiple new products at a media event anticipated for Oct. 22. With that date just a week away, it's likely that invitations to members of the press will be sent out later today.
On Topic: Future Hardware
- Apple's 2014 iPads to sport Touch ID & TSMC-built A8 CPU, 12.9" iPad unlikely till 2015
- Apple 'likely' to launch low-cost iMac soon, Retina MacBook Air still on track for 2014 debut
- Apple to sell two sizes of iWatch with flexible AMOLED displays this fall, prices to reach 'thousands of dollars'
- Rumor: Apple takes delivery of iWatch circuit boards ahead of September debut
- Rumor: Quanta to build 65M Apple "iWatch" units in first year, Q3 2014 release expected