First consumer iPad Air unboxing video hits the web hours after releaseApple has already begun rolling out its latest iPad offering, the iPad Air, in countries around the world, and the first of what are likely to be many videos starring the tablet has hit the Web.
Due to its proximity to the International Date Line, Australia is one of the first countries to have gained access to the iPad Air, and AppleInsider collaborator Ben Pasternak is back with more high-quality videos showing off the new tablet.
In addition to the unboxing, Pasternak also uploaded his experience as one of the first line waiters for the new Air.
Apple's iPad Air netted stellar reviews from journalists this week, who lauded the device's thin-and-light form factor, impressive performance and impressive battery life. Despite having a smaller battery pack, the tablet is able to last some ten hours on a single charge thanks to the efficient A7 system on a chip and M7 motion coprocessor.
The iPad Air will hit store shelves on Friday, with Apple Stores opening at 8 a.m. local time for the event. Unlike the iPhone 5s launch, Apple is offering in-store pickup for the new tablets, meaning customers will likely be able to place orders in the U.S. from 12:01 Pacific.
On Topic: iPad
- iOS 10 cracks open Apple's Siri voice assistance to third party apps
- Apple's new Swift Playgrounds for iPad is a killer app for teaching code
- E3 2016: Octobo plush toy uses iPad for interactive storybook experience
- Netflix adds long-demanded Picture in Picture support on iPad
- Apple issues new iOS 9.3.2 update to address update errors on 9.7" iPad Pro