Tim Cook offering lunch date at Apple HQ for charityApple fans, detractors, and investors alike now have a chance to sit down with CEO Tim Cook one-on-one, as the executive is auctioning off a lunch date at Apple headquarters in Cupertino, Calif., to benefit charity.
Apple CEO Tim Cook with fellow yearbook staff for the class of 1978 . | Source: AL.com
The lunch date, presumably at Apple's famous Caffe Macs in the Infinite Loop campus, is being offered through charity auction site CharityBuzz. At press time, one confirmed bid of $10,000 had come in, though the site estimates the meal's value at $100,000.
According to the auction listing, the winning bidder can bring one guest, though both will need to undergo security screening. Cook has carved out one hour for the event, and scheduling could take up to a year based on his availability.
Additionally, travel and lodging expenses are not included, so the winning bidder will need to make their own way to Cupertino.
This is the second time Cook has offered himself up for a good cause on CharityBuzz. Last May, a one-hour coffee meeting with the Apple chief fetched $610,000 to benefit the RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights.
Hungry bidders have until May 13 at 2 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time to submit their bids.
On Topic: General
- Apple attends 'spy summit' to discuss data privacy, mass surveillance issues
- AppleInsider podcast discusses new Macs, Apple Watch update & Wall Street analysts
- Rumor: Delayed Kanye West album could debut on Apple's streaming music service
- Regent Street Apple Store to undergo major renovations for more light, street visibility
- Apple's iCloud experiences hours-long global outage and service slowdowns [u]