First look: ADAM iOS-connected asthma monitorThe Automated Device for Asthma Management, or ADAM, by Health Care Originals is a unique iOS-connected medical device that aims to provide users with a complete solution for managing their asthma.
By measuring vital signs and other biological readings, the ADAM will predict and log asthma attacks, and can recommend behavior changes as well. It's set to launch in the second quarter of this year, and the price has not yet been announced.
As shown to AppleInsider at CES, the wearable ADAM sensor can count coughs, and measure respiration, wheeze, and heart rate. When it launches in the second quarter of this year, it will also feature inhaler detection, alerts and alert forwarding, symptom tracking and trending, and treatment plans.
ADAM users can also receive medication reminders, and the device includes HIPAA-compliant data storage.
The device aims to prevent complications with asthma that can become serious if detected too late. For some asthma sufferers, realizing they are in trouble on their own may already be too late.
The ADAM sensor has its own iOS-connected application, and HealthKit support is also in the works for the smart, wearable accessory.
On Topic: iOS
- Popular iOS keyboard SwiftKey disables sync feature after data leak is discovered
- Secure WhatsApp found to not be completely eradicating chat transcripts
- CBS All Access, Showtime streaming services each hold 1 million users
- Apple opens Spanish language App Store feed on Twitter
- Apple updates iMovie for iOS with easy project creation, new sharing options