AppleInsider podcast debates Force Touch, details new iMacs, analyzes Elon Musk on 'Apple Car'
On this week's all-new AppleInsider podcast, Nate, Mikey, Dan and Neil talk about Apple's iMac refresh, debate the merits of Force and 3D Touch, and talk about Elon Musk's comments on Apple and the prospects of an car from the iPhone maker. We also dismiss iPhone 6s "chipgate," talk about successful Mac adoption at IBM, and give our thoughts on Microsoft's Surface Book and Band 2.
- New 21.5-inch 4K Retina iMac launches, 27-inch models gain Intel Skylake
- New accessories: Magic Trackpad 2 with Force Touch, Magic Mouse 2, Magic Keyboards
- The usefulness and future of 3D Touch and Force Touch
- Elon Musk pooh-poohs an Apple car, backtracks, then tweets at AppleInsider
- Apple touts new ResearchKit partnerships studying autism, epilepsy, melanoma
- Non-controversies: iPhone 6s "chipgate," iOS 9 Wi-Fi assist and data use
- Microsoft sells out of initial Surface Book launch. Also, Band 2 is coming
- IBM says 5% of its Mac users need tech support, compared to 40% for regular PCs
- Remembering Gary Allen, Apple retail expert and former AppleInsider contributor
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
You can also listen to it embedded via SoundCloud below:
Show note links:
- Apple launches 21.5-inch iMac with Retina 4K display, starting at $1,499
- Apple upgrades all 27-inch iMacs to 5K Retina displays & Intel Skylake CPUs, starting at $1,799
- Apple brings Force Touch to the desktop with new $129 Magic Trackpad 2
- Apple's redesigned Magic Mouse 2 & Magic Keyboard gain integrated batteries, Lightning ports
- Elon Musk walks back Apple Car, Apple Watch aspersions in Twitter confessional
- Apple partners with hospitals for new ResearchKit studies on autism, epilepsy, melanoma
- Tests confirm marginal difference between Samsung, TSMC-made A9 chips in Apple's iPhone 6s
- Apple posts iOS 9 Wi-Fi Assist guide in wake of complaints about excessive data use
- Only 5% of Mac users at IBM need help desk support, compared to 40% of PC users
- Microsoft sells out of Surface Book launch stock, updates iOS Health app for Band 2
- Apple retail expert Gary Allen passes away at 67
We'd appreciate your feedback and comments, as well as any questions that we can answer on future episodes. Send your responses to the AppleInsider podcast at [email protected] and follow or tweet at us @appleinsider.
Finally, anyone interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].