On this week's AppleInsider Podcast, your hosts discuss Apple's Magic Keyboard with Touch ID, our impressions of macOS Monterey, Google's announcement of the Pixel 6, and share why they still prefer iOS over Android.
After debuting with the 24-inch iMac, Apple has now released the standalone Magic Keyboard with Touch ID for $149. At the same time, Apple also refreshed the Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad, and offers an extended Magic Keyboard with Touch ID and Numeric Keyboard for $179.
In addition to new products, Apple has redesigned its online store on the web reminiscent of the Apple Store app on iPhone and iPad. Plus the Mac Pro gained additional GPU configurations featuring Radeon Pro W6800X graphics cards.
Meanwhile, Apple TV+ continues to add original content, including a video adaptation of the Broadway musical "Come From Away". We can't help discussing some of our favorite shows, and not least because Little Voice has unfortunately become the first to be cancelled.
Next, Google confirmed in a tweet that the upcoming Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro will available later this year. The design matches previous renders from leaker Jon Prosser and will sport Google's first original system-on-chip, the Tensor.
Rounding out the show your hosts discuss the advantages of the iPhone vs Android platforms, and while everyone's mileage varies, what specifically keeps them in the Apple ecosystem.
If you have questions or comments on the show, tweet at @stephenrobles and @wgallagher. Find us in your favorite podcast player by searching for "AppleInsider" and support the show by leaving a 5-Star rating and comment in Apple Podcasts.
Tune in to our HomeKit Insider podcast covering the latest news, products, apps and everything HomeKit related. Subscribe in Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or just search for HomeKit Insider wherever you get your podcasts.
Links from the show
- Apple debuts redesigned online store with dedicated 'Store' tab
- New iMac Magic Keyboard with Touch ID available for individual sale
- Magic Keyboard with Touch ID for Mac models with Apple silicon - US English
- Apple's Mac Pro gains new Radeon Pro MPX graphics card options
- Apple Wallet student ID support rolls out to more schools in US, Canada
- Apple accused of promoting scam 'slime relaxation' apps in App Store
- Apple rolls out exclusive monthly Apple Card offers [u]
- Broadway musical 'Come From Away' hits Apple TV+ on Friday, Sept. 10
- 'Little Voice' is first Apple TV+ series to see cancellation
- GitHub - davidwernhart/AlDente: macOS tool to limit maximum charging percentage
- Google teases Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro with new Tensor AI chip
- Apple expanding child safety features across iMessage, Siri, iCloud Photos
Subscribe to AppleInsider on:
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]
Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast — and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too. If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player. AppleInsider is also bringing you the best Apple-related deals for Amazon Prime Day 2021. There are bargains before, during, and even after Prime Day on June 21 and 22 — with every deal at your fingertips throughout the event.
AppleInsider is also bringing you the best Apple-related deals for Amazon Prime Day 2021. There are bargains before, during, and even after Prime Day on June 21 and 22 — with every deal at your fingertips throughout the event.