The annual App Store Awards celebrate the best apps on the App Store, and nearly 40 apps have been nominated in 2023.
Each year, Apple selects a group of apps and games that represent the best of the App Store. These apps take advantage of Apple's platform, offer unique designs, or flex the developer's creativity.
Apple's App Store editorial team have selected 37 finalists across 10 categories. Winners will be revealed later in November.
"We are excited about the achievements of these App Store Award finalists who are helping users around the world to explore their interests in drawing, design, video editing, education, music, time management, working out, hiking, playing games, and so much more," said Apple Fellow Phil Schiller. "These finalists are all incredibly talented and have put enormous effort into creating these great apps and games. We are inspired by their accomplishments and look forward to announcing the winners of the App Store Awards later this month."
iPhone App of the Year Finalists
Finalists in the iPhone App of the Year category helped users discover more ways to explore and learn new skills.
iPhone Game of the Year Finalists
Finalists in the iPhone Game of the Year category invited players to new adventures with lush graphics on iPhone.
iPad App of the Year Finalists
Finalists in the iPad App of the Year category helped users tap into their creativity through multiple mediums.
iPad Game of the Year Finalists
Finalists in the iPad Game of the Year category enchanted gamers with visual storytelling, intuitive controls, and absurd obstacles.
Mac App of the Year Finalists
Finalists in the Mac App of the Year category inspired focus and creativity for users.
Mac Game of the Year Finalists
Finalists in the Mac Game of the Year category delivered rich storylines and graphics.
Apple Watch App of the Year Finalists
Finalists in the Apple Watch App of the Year category made it even easier to get all the information users need right from their wrist.
Apple TV App of the Year Finalists
Finalists in the Apple TV App of the Year category brought stunning experiences to the biggest screen in the home.
Apple Arcade Game of the Year Finalists
Finalists in the Apple Arcade Game of the Year category delivered endless entertainment this year.
Cultural Impact Finalists
Through powerful missions, finalists in the Cultural Impact category fostered new ways to connect and celebrate the world's diversity and wonder.
- balance, for making menopause support more inclusive and accessible to all.
- Copilot, for simplifying personal finance.
- Endling, for inspiring players to focus on environmental impact.
- Finding Hannah, for connecting women across generations through gameplay.
- How to Say Goodbye, for helping users process difficult emotions.
- Pok Pok, for helping kids learn, explore, and experiment in a digital playroom.
- Proloquo, for supporting communication without speech.
- Rebel Girls, for turning bedtime stories into a discovery of heroic women throughout time.
- Too Good To Go, for helping to reduce food waste at restaurants, bakeries, and supermarkets.
- Unpacking, for crafting soul-soothing puzzles.
Find out the winners later in November.