Pebble Smartwatch iOS app update brings new Pebble apps, sharing optionsTwo days after releasing a buggy update to its Pebble Smartwatch iOS app, Pebble on Wednesday pushed out a patched version of the title that offers users all-new apps and sharing capabilities.
With the latest release, Pebble Smartwatch for iOS hits version 2.1.1 and brings with it new Pebble appstore software and sharing features.
Originally released on Monday, the update was pulled from the iOS App Store after users complained of crashes that rendered the app useless. The broken update also delayed the company's Pebble App Challenge, a contest looking for the best app on the Pebble appstore for 2014.
As for the fixed update, owners of the original Pebble and newly redesigned Pebble Steel are now able to share Pebble appstore apps with friends via email, Twitter, Facebook and text message. In addition, the company has added a few new titles to the proprietary digital storefront, as well as general bug fixes.
Pebble Smartwatch is a free 34MB download from the iOS App Store.
On Topic: App Store
- Roundup: The best ways to stave off cabin fever with your iPhone or iPad
- Apple closing independent TestFlight service at the end of February
- AppleInsider's iOS app updated with dismissible Plus trial option, remains free for all
- Twitter debuts While you were away' posts on iOS, Web version coming soon
- Google updates Chrome Web browser for iOS with OS X Handoff support, 'material design'