Pebble Smartwatch iOS app update brings new Pebble apps, sharing optionsTwo days after releasing a buggy update to its Pebble Smartwatch iOS app, Pebble on Wednesday pushed out a patched version of the title that offers users all-new apps and sharing capabilities.
With the latest release, Pebble Smartwatch for iOS hits version 2.1.1 and brings with it new Pebble appstore software and sharing features.
Originally released on Monday, the update was pulled from the iOS App Store after users complained of crashes that rendered the app useless. The broken update also delayed the company's Pebble App Challenge, a contest looking for the best app on the Pebble appstore for 2014.
As for the fixed update, owners of the original Pebble and newly redesigned Pebble Steel are now able to share Pebble appstore apps with friends via email, Twitter, Facebook and text message. In addition, the company has added a few new titles to the proprietary digital storefront, as well as general bug fixes.
Pebble Smartwatch is a free 34MB download from the iOS App Store.
On Topic: App Store
- Revenue from Apple Music, Apple Pay & other Apple services jumps 24 percent in Q4
- Google Maps gets food delivery, plus code integration in update
- China beats iOS App Store records in Sept. quarter with $1.7B in revenue
- Apple App Store compensation changes coming to South Africa, New Zealand
- Banned Dash developer accused of nearly 1,000 fraudulent reviews, Apple says [u]