Apple improves Mac Pro ship times to 3-5 weeksIn a change to the Online Apple Store on Thursday, Apple is now quoting Mac Pro shipping availability at three to five weeks for all configurations, suggesting supply of the flagship Mac is finally catching up to demand.
Since launching the redesigned Mac Pro in December, Apple has struggled to keep up with demand and as recently as February was quoting nearly two-month delays in estimated ship times on new orders.
The situation appears to be improving, however, as current Online Apple Store estimates show new orders will be shipped out in three to five weeks for all configurations. When shipments were at their worst, Apple was quoting month ranges instead of weeks.
Ship-by dates have been slowly improving over April, with checks earlier in the month showing estimates pegged at 5-6 weeks, which moved up to 4-6 weeks on Apr. 11 and finally 4-5 weeks on Apr. 18.
Customers interested in the most powerful Mac ever will still need to place orders through Apple's online storefront, however, as in-store supplies are non-existent.
While Apple is still building up inventory, authorized resellers like MacMall and Adorama have limited supply of certain configurations as seen in AppleInsider's live Price Guides.
On Topic: Mac Pro
- Potential reference to new Mac Pro found in OS X El Capitan code
- Lowest Prices Ever: Save $100s on all Mac Pros, each with Free AppleCare and Free Apple Wireless Keyboard & Magic Mouse; Apple Thunderbolt Displays for $750
- Apple's latest Mac Pro continues to cause problems for professional users
- Killer Deal: Free AppleCare with all iMac 5Ks & Mac Pros plus $50-$275 instant discounts, tax savings
- PSW14 Deals: $600 off DSLRs, $300 off Pentax Lenses, $260 off Mac Pros, plus hundreds off lighting systems, kits & more