Purported 5.5-in. iPhone logic board surfaces alongside 'iPhone 6' part in new photosA logic board said to be destined for Apple's anticipated 5.5-inch iPhone was shown off in a new set of photos on Monday alongside a similar part reportedly headed for a 4.7-inch "iPhone 6."
The jumbo-sized iPhone version is approximately the same size as its smaller sibling, but features a slightly different layout. The photos were sourced by Chinese repair firm GeekBar and first first noted by Nowhereelse.fr
The 4.7-inch model was originally outed last weekend, and both parts are devoid of components — the photos depict only the printed circuit boards themselves. The Chinese sources say that in addition to a next-generation "A8" CPU, the boards will play host to faster 802.11ac wireless networking chips as well as NFC hardware.
In addition, the boards are shown with what appear to be attachment points for debugging tools, suggesting that they are in fact pre-production parts.
A number of other preliminary components for Apple's new handsets have surfaced in recent weeks, including a control cable said to be for the 5.5-inch variant and another flex cable featuring a Lightning connector, microphone and headphone jack. A number of rear shells have also shown up alongside a supposed tougher display cover.
Apple is expected to debut at least one model at a media event in September, likely the 4.7-inch variant. Production for the 5.5-inch model has repeatedly been rumored to have been delayed over component concerns.
On Topic: iPhone
- Roommates stab each other with beer bottles in iPhone vs. Android dispute
- Chrome for iOS adds Today widget, Halo comes to iPhone and iPad for first time
- Chinese government officially suspends controversial banking technology rules
- Apple makes 'last-minute decision' to use TSMC for 30% of 'A9' chip orders for next iPhone
- Apple's iOS App Store widens revenue lead over Google Play in Q1 2015