AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content.
On this week's AppleInsider Podcast, Apple announces accessibility features coming in iOS 16, Apple Podcasts adds Delegated Delivery, what we know about Apple Watch Series 8, and we comment on the "After Steve" book.
Apple announced new accessibility features coming to iOS 16 ahead of its WWDC Keynote on June 6. In recognition of Global Accessibility day, Apple highlighted unique door detection ability using LiDAR, live captions for FaceTime calls, video conferencing, etc.
iOS 15.5 launched with new features for the Home app, Wallet, and Apple Podcasts. For example, users can view Wi-Fi signal strength per HomePod, choose to receive critical alerts even with do not disturb enabled, and send money directly from the Wallet App. Apple Podcasts is also gaining new features, including Delegated Delivery, allowing creators to upload subscriber content from third-party platforms.
Apple launched two new online courses for users looking to increase their skills in Apple Device Support and Apple Deployment and Management. Each class ends with a $149 exam and certifications that can help people stand out in the job market.
Interest in tech has waned since 2016, with Google searches for devices and technology companies decreasing. Our hosts comment on the possible causes and discuss Tripp Mickle's new book: After Steve: How Apple Became a Trillion-Dollar Company and Lost Its Soul.
Contact our hosts
Support the show
Support the show on Patreon or Apple Podcasts to get ad-free episodes every week, access to our private Discord channel, and early release of the show! We would also appreciate a 5-star rating and review in Apple Podcasts
Links from the show
- Apple announces iOS 16 door detection, live captions, and more accessibility features
- Origin of "OK" Video
- iOS 16 will have refreshed Apple apps but look the same as iOS 15
- Everything new in iOS 15.5 for iPhone
- Apple releases iOS 15.5, iPadOS 15.5, watchOS 8.6, tvOS 15.5 with bug fixes
- Apple Podcasts gaining new features for producers, listeners
- Everything we know about the 'Apple Watch Series 8' and what it may look like
- App developers can automatically increase subscription prices in some cases
- Apple launches new training and certification program for iPhone, iPad, Mac
- Popular interest in technology is declining, but tech giants aren't going anywhere
- Apple TV+ debuting a full lineup of new kids and family shows in the summer
- The Talk Show : Ep. 347, With Tripp Mickle
More AppleInsider podcasts
Tune in to our HomeKit Insider podcast covering the latest news, products, apps and everything HomeKit related. Subscribe in Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or just search for HomeKit Insider wherever you get your podcasts.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]
Subscribe to AppleInsider on:
Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast — and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too.If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.