AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content.
We discuss M2 MacBook Air preorders, the new Lockdown Mode, virtual credit cards, and Apple Watch Series 8 "extreme," all on the new AppleInsider podcast.
Preorders have begun for the M2 MacBook Air, with the first orders arriving on July 15. We discuss how this new model compares to a 14-inch MacBook Pro and what to consider when ordering.
Also, there are new rumors surrounding the "Apple Watch Series 8" and its "extreme" model. We contemplate what materials Apple could use other than aluminum or steel, and try to decide how big is too big for an Apple Watch.
Finally, iCloud Shared Photo Library is live in the latest beta, and one of the hosts takes the risk to activate the feature and see what it is all about. It will likely see some changes before release, but the prospect of a new way to share photos with family is exciting.
Contact our hosts
- Wealthfront: Earn 1.4% interest rate on your cash today when you open a Wealthfront Cash Account! Unlimited free transfers and no account fees. Learn more at: wealthfront.com/appleinsider
- Truebill: Save $100s a year by tracking and cancelling your subscriptions with Truebill! Visit truebill.com/appleinsider to get started.
Support the show
Support the show on Patreon or Apple Podcasts to get ad-free episodes every week, access to our private Discord channel, and early release of the show! We would also appreciate a 5-star rating and review in Apple Podcasts.
Links from the show
- M2 MacBook Air preorders begin on Friday, July 8
- M2 Pro, M2 Max, and beyond: Examining the Apple Silicon release cycle
- How to use Apple's ultra-secure Lockdown Mode and when you would want to
- Apple moves further into finance with virtual cards' in iOS 16
- Apple working on extreme sports' Apple Watch with bigger screen, rugged case
- World's strongest metals
- Apple Watch Size - Twitter Poll
- Display leak suggests Apple Watch Series 8 may have 47mm size
- Apple Watch Series 8 may detect user's fever with temperature sensor
- Storage firm Drobo has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- The Max Stand | Indiegogo
- Benks AirPods Max Stand
More AppleInsider podcasts
Tune in to our HomeKit Insider podcast covering the latest news, products, apps and everything HomeKit related. Subscribe in Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or just search for HomeKit Insider wherever you get your podcasts.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]
Subscribe to AppleInsider on:
Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast — and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too.
If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.