AppleInsider may earn an affiliate commission on purchases made through links on our site.
On this week's episode of the Homekit Insider podcast, Andrew joined us live from CES 2023 in Las Vegas to talk about all of the new home automation tech, Matter, and more!
This past week was CES, hosted out of Las Vegas. The annual consumer-facing show was ripe with new tech, including plenty of smart home gadgets. While more announcements are still being made, we cover all of the announcements thus far.
We didn't have any time for news outside of CES. Your hosts will be back answering questions and covering more news and reviews in next week's episode.
Links from the show
- Home Assistant open-source smart home platform is getting its own voice controls - The Verge
- Aqara debuts HomeKit Secure Video doorbell and deadbolt lock
- Aqara previews its latest devices with Matter support - YouTube
- Apple's MagSafe is foundation for new Qi2 wireless charging standard
- iOttie Velox Elite is an actively cooled MagSafe car charger to prevent overheating
- Eve has more HomeKit blinds and expands Matter support
- Trova Home personal safe now available to order
- Govee shows off Matter certified M1 light strip at CES 2023
- Govee reveals AI-driven TV sync box for its smart lights
- New Twinkly Entertainment Hub will sync LED lights with videos
- Nanoleaf rolls out new Matter home automation products at CES 2023
- The new Mui Board Second Gen is a smart home controller that doesn't look like a smart home controller - The Verge
- Lutron shows off new colors of Diva dimmer at CES 2023
- GE's Cync smart light line massively expands at CES 2023
- Ring Car Cam and new Peephole Cam launch at CES 2023
- New ADT+ app makes DIY security setup and management easy
- Sync your Hue lights with your Samsung TV natively for $130
- SwitchBot unveils smart home Hub 2 with Matter support
- SECURAM launches smart light and smart dimmer switches
- Leviton | Matter
- Apple's 'Find My' will help you find a lost Ember Travel Mug 2+
- Brava announces glass front app-controlled smart oven at CES 2023
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]
Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast — and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too. If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.