On this week's episode of the AppleInsider Podcase, forget the iPhone 15 Ultra, forget the HomePod, it's time for host Stephen Robles to explain that tidy desk of his.
Alongside unnatural tidiness, Stephen has been testing out the new HomePod and specifically comparing its sound quality to other high-end speaker systems. He's as impressed as everyone else with how it sounds, but he has some unexpected conclusions about the HomePod's price — and just who it's aimed at.
Then there are all these rumors that Apple will top the Pro Max line with an even more advanced — and presumably costly — iPhone 15 Pro Ultra. This may not seem a great time to release an even more expensive iPhone, but there are reasons to think it could happen.
Plus there are some reasons to think that the Mac Studio may never be updated. The question is whether it's a new category of Mac, or whether Apple sees it as an iMac Pro-like stopgap before the release of the next Mac Pro.
Then a question from Twitter not only sets us off pondering about our favorite Apple devices — and our most-used ones — but the discussion is continuing online, too. Listen to your hosts' answers and then join in with yours.
Contact your hosts
Support the show
Support the show on Patreon or Apple Podcasts to get ad-free episodes every week, access to our private Discord channel, and early release of the show! We would also appreciate a 5-star rating and review in Apple Podcasts.
Links from the show
- Stephen's Desk Setup Tweet
- Top 3 Apple Devices Tweet Thread
- Apple issues first firmware update for MagSafe Duo
- Apple HomePod Review 2023 - Hands-on Smart Speaker Test
- Sonos Era 100 and Era 300 speakers coming soon
- Apple retail employees testing 'Buy Now, Pay Later' service
- Mac Studio may never get updated, because new Mac Pro is coming
- Apple's website has been redesigned to show off more products and services
- iPhone 15 Ultra gets intriguing Apple Watch Ultra makeover
- New super high-end iPhone could arrive by 2024
- Apple to hold first in-person summit in years, focused on AI
- Microsoft integrates ChatGPT into its Bing and Edge products
More AppleInsider podcasts
Tune in to our HomeKit Insider podcast covering the latest news, products, apps and everything Homekit related. Subscribe in Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or just search for HomeKit Insider wherever you get your podcasts.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected].
Subscribe to AppleInsider on:
Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast — and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too.If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.