Apple Car rumors, iOS 14.5, Google & iOS privacy labels on the AppleInsider Podcast
On this week's episode of the AppleInsider Podcast, your hosts discuss more rumors about the "Apple Car," features discovered in iOS 14.5, Mark Cuban's podcast app, and we highlight a YouTube downloader for Mac.
Multiple analysts now claim that an announcement from Apple concerning their electric vehicle partnership is imminent. Analyst Daniel Ives says in a note to investors that Apple entering the electric car market is now a matter of "when not if." Analysts also claim that VW or Hyundai are the top two choices to manufacture the coming "Apple Car".
According to a Bloomberg report, Apple has "more than doubled road testing of its self-driving cars in 2020". In addition, analyst Adam Jones claims that the Apple Car will not provide a traditional driving experience, implying there will be no steering wheel.
More features have been uncovered in iOS 14.5 including the ability to set a default music player when asking to play using Siri. The list includes apps such as Spotify, YouTube Music, and more. Apple Maps also appears to be gaining features with the ability to report three types of "incidents". Currently the only available data types available to report are: accidents, hazards and speed checks.
Mark Cuban has announced that he is co-founding a "next-gen podcast platform" to compete with apps such as Clubhouse where hosts can interact with their fans live. This forthcoming app will be called " Fireside " which shares the same name as the podcast hosting service from Dan Benjamin.
If you have questions or comments on the show, tweet at @stephenrobles and @wgallagher, or email us here. Find us in your favorite podcast player by searching for "AppleInsider" and support the show by leaving a 5-Star rating and comment in Apple Podcasts .
Tune in to our HomeKit Insider podcast covering the latest news, products, apps and everything HomeKit related. Subscribe in Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or just search for HomeKit Insider wherever you get your podcasts.
Subscribe to AppleInsider on:
Links from the show
- Apple predicted to announce 'Apple Car' partnership in the first half of 2021
- Don't expect the 'Apple Car' to have a steering wheel, analyst says
- 2014 to 2021: Apple Car has already been six years in the making
- Renault touted as great potential Apple Car partner by analyst
- Apple More Than Doubled Autonomous-Car Road Tests in 2020
- Siri offers default music app options in iOS 14.5 beta
- Apple Maps gets crowdsourced accident, speed check and hazard warnings in iOS 14.5 beta
- Apple developing new terahertz radiation sensor tech for non-invasive glucose monitoring
- Mark Cuban is co-founding a podcast app where hosts can talk to fans live and monetize their conversations - The Verge
- Google's reluctance to add privacy labels to Gmail, other apps might put users at risk
- Keysmith for Macros
- Freeze Frame
- Downie - YouTube Video Downloader
- How to Automatically Change Your Apple Watch Face
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]