This week, on the AppleInsider Podcast, what's to come at WWDC, Apple says that Podcast Subscriptions are delayed, new display technologies coming to future Apple devices, and more!
Apple has formally told podcast creators that its subscription service has been delayed and will launch sometime in June. Unusually, the email also admitted to there being ongoing bugs in podcast delivery and Apple's Podcasts app that Apple says it is working to fix.
While we know Apple will launch subscription podcasts, we can't know for sure what it's going to do with future hardware. Nonetheless, now that the 12.9-inch iPad Pro uses a mini LED display, there are already many rumors predicting that this technology will come to the next MacBook Pro models and more devices in the future.
It's not as if mini LED is perfect, though, so we examine some of the "blooming" issues users have seen on the new M1 iPad Pro. Plus we run down which Apple devices already utilize OLED, LCD, and so on.
Most recently, both of your hosts have experienced App Clips in the wild. This is a feature that debuted in iOS 14 last year but hasn't been seem much in public.
App Clips allow users to download a small portion of an iOS app with limited functionality that prioritizes speed and convenience. Rather than buy and download an entire app, you get to use the one feature you need right now.
So for instance, we were able to pay for gas using Apple Pay through an App Clip. It was a fairly seamless experience, too.
If you have questions or comments on the show, tweet at @stephenrobles and @Hillitech, or email us here. Find us in your favorite podcast player by searching for "AppleInsider" and support the show by leaving a 5-Star rating and comment in Apple Podcasts.
Do you host a podcast discussing technology or Apple devices and would like an AppleInsider staffer to appear as a guest? Let us know by sending a message to: [email protected] and we'll be in touch!
Tune in to our HomeKit Insider podcast covering the latest news, products, apps and everything HomeKit related. Subscribe in Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or just search for HomeKit Insider wherever you get your podcasts.
- Business Movers Podcast: Listen to Business Movers: The Enlightenment of Steve Jobs on Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, or you can listen one week early and ad-free by joining Wondery Plus in the Wondery app. Wondery Feel the Story.
- Setapp: Head over to setapp.com and get access to hundreds of incredible Mac and iOS apps with a single monthly subscription! Try it FREE for 7 days at: setapp.com
- AirMedCare: AMCN Fly-U-Home gives you the comfort of home when you need it most. Receive up to a $60 gift card when you join by going to airmedcarenetwork.com and use the promo code APPLE
- Nebia by Moen: The Nebia by Moen Spa Shower is Nebia's most advanced shower yet. Use code appleInsider for 10% off Nebia products! Visit nebia.com/appleinsider to learn more.
Subscribe to AppleInsider on:
Links from the show
- iPadOS 15 Wish List - Video
- Apple pushes launch of Podcast subscriptions and channels to June
- Official 'Ted Lasso' merch to go on sale soon
- Signs of Apple Music Lossless, Dolby Atmos content showing up for some users
- MicroLED, mini LED, OLED - Apple's future iPhone, iPad, and Mac displays
- iPad Pro mini LED comparison - Tweet
- Apple reveals 36 finalists for 2021 Apple Design Awards
- (Not Boring) Apps : The Essentials Made Fun
- Steve Jobs email confirms Apple considered tablet Mac, 15-inch MacBook Air in 2007
- App Clip screenshots - Tweet
- Yelp App Clip - Tweet
- Apple launches new Apple Wallet & Apple Pay webpages
- What to expect from WWDC 2021 - and what not to
- iPadOS Concept Videos - Tweet
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]
Follow all the details of WWDC 2021 with the comprehensive AppleInsider coverage of the whole week-long event from June 7 through June 11, including details of all the new launches and updates.
Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod. Say, "Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider," and you'll get latest AppleInsider Podcast. Or ask your HomePod mini for "AppleInsider Daily" instead and you'll hear a fast update direct from our news team. And, if you're interested in Apple-centric home automation, say "Hey, Siri, play HomeKit Insider," and you'll be listening to our newest specialized podcast in moments.