On this week's AppleInsider Podcast, a special guest joins us to discuss Apple Vision Pro labs, iPhone 15 rumors, the Tesla app gaining Shortcuts, and more.
Our special guest is a podcaster, dog enthusiast and host / producer on TWiT.tv, Mikah Sargent. He and host Stephen Robles find a spot to talk right on the show floor at the Podcast Movement event in Denver, and get into Apple Vision Pro, podcasting, and very much into microphones.
Apple is offering developer labs for the Apple Vision Pro across six cities around the world. Surprisingly, it seems that these labs have been under-attended, so Apple has now shared a handful of testimonials about developer's experiences with the in-person labs.
Next, as you may have heard predicted quite a few times, the iPhone 15 Pro will have USB-C, which could open a lot of doors for new accessories and charging options. Host Stephen Robles discusses his use of fast charging and its convenience versus other charging options.
Speaking of the iPhone 15 Pro range, one industry analyst believes that the iPhone 15 Pro Max could be delayed due to Sony not having image sensors ready in time for the release. This isn't the first time an iPhone was delayed further than other models released in September, so the rumor could prove true.
Whereas already and rather unexpectedly released is an update to the Tesla app that brings Shortcut support for users. Your hosts discuss the usefulness of these Shortcuts and Tesla's reluctance to adopt other Apple-specific features.
Contact our hosts
- HelloFresh: America's #1 Meal Kit! Use the promo code 50appleinsider for 50% off plus FREE shipping when you visit: hellofresh.com/50appleinsider
Links from the show
- Apple Vision Pro labs evangelized by top developers
- LiDAR Scanner App
- Vision Pro to ship with 1TB storage
- Apple Vision Pro hands on: Feel, fit, apps
- Developer beta 7 for iOS 17, iPadOS 17 out now
- Apple to include 1.5-meter USB-C charging cable with iPhone 15
- iPhone 15 USB-C rumors continue with cable photos
- iPhone 15 Pro Max could be delayed says analyst
- iPhone 15 may get faster charging speeds up to 35W
- iPhone 14 Pro LiDAR used to produce pet prosthetics
- How 3D Printing Changed This Dog's Life! - YouTube
- Apple Podcasts launches analytics dashboard for content creators
- Siri Shortcuts support added to Tesla mobile app
- Experts aren't seeing abnormal AirPods Max condensation issue
- Apple Card promo gives 5% Daily Cash back on dining and travel
Support the show
Support the show on Patreon or Apple Podcasts to get ad-free episodes every week, access to our private Discord channel, and early release of the show! We would also appreciate a 5-star rating and review in Apple Podcasts
More AppleInsider podcasts
Tune in to our HomeKit Insider podcast covering the latest news, products, apps and everything HomeKit related. Subscribe in Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or just search for HomeKit Insider wherever you get your podcasts.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]
Subscribe to AppleInsider on:
Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast — and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too.If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.