AirPods Pro 2 rumors, USB-C on iPhone 15, goodbye to iPod & more on the AppleInsider podcast
AppleInsider may earn an affiliate commission on purchases made through links on our site.
On this week's AppleInsider Podcast, there are rumors of an AirPods Pro 2 and AirPods Max refresh this Fall, iPhone 15 is said to be gaining USB-C, Apple is definitely focusing on advertising revenue, Google announces Pixel 7 and Pixel watch, and we say goodbye to the iPod.
According to a Bloomberg report by Mark Gurman, Apple will refresh the AirPods Pro and AirPods Max this Fall. New features may include a stemless design for the AirPods Pro, lossless audio playback support, improved on-device intelligence, and health-related updates.
Gurman also claims that the AirPods Max will come in more unique colors later this year.
Meanwhile, display analyst Ross Young has tweeted that the new iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max will have ever so slightly larger screens than their predecessors, housing the new pill and hole cutout rather than the current notch. Also, this week, analyst Ming Chi-Kuo claimed that the iPhone 15 coming in 2023 could be the first model to sport a USB-C port instead of Lightning.
Away from rumors, Apple is confirmed to be looking to focus even more on its streaming and advertising business, led by SVP Eddie Cue. Apple currently sells ads on the App Store and also with specific partners in Apple News. Perhaps we're going to see ads coming to Apple Podcasts to give creators a new avenue to promote their shows.
Also this week, at its annual I/O conference, Google announced several new devices, including the budget Pixel 6a, Pixel Buds Pro. Plus it teased devices for later this year, including Pixel 7 and the first Pixel Watch.
In addition, Google announced a Pixel tablet in 2023 and presented a concept video for future augmented reality glasses.
Finally, it's time to raise a glass and say goodbye to the iPod, Apple's iconic music player that debuted in 2001. The final iteration of the device, the iPod touch, is now out of stock on Apple's US online store, officially ending the iPod's 21-year run.
Contact our hosts
- Send tips on Signal: +1 863-703-0668
- @stephenrobles on Twitter
- @Hillitech on Twitter
- Backbone: Order your Backbone by June 30 and get FREE access to over 350 console games and perks! Shop now at: playbackbone.com/appleinsider
- Kolide: Send your employees automated Slack messages with security and privacy recommendations! Get a FREE Kolide Gift Bundle after trial activation when you visit: kolide.com/appleinsider
- Zocdoc: Go to zocdoc.com/appleinsider and download the app to sign-up for FREE. Find doctors and specialists that take your insurance and even book appointments online!
Support the show
Support the show on Patreon or Apple Podcasts to get ad-free episodes every week, access to our private Discord channel, and early release of the show! We would also appreciate a 5-star rating and review in Apple Podcasts
Links from the show
- iPhone 14 Pro displays will be slightly larger than iPhone 13 Pro, says analyst
- Apple's iPhone 15 will be first with USB-C, claims Kuo
- Engineer creates first USB-C AirPods charging case
- Ophidia case | GUCCI US
- AirPods Pro 2, new AirPods Max colors expected for fall launch
- Apple to restructure services business to focus more on advertising, streaming
- Aura Strap 2 for Apple Watch will monitor hydration and your body fat percentage
- Google I/O sees debut of Pixel 6a, Pixel Watch, Pixel Buds Pro
- Google previews Pixel 7 flagship for fall, Pixel Tablet for 2023
- End of an era: Apple's last iPod has been discontinued
- Apple officially sells out of iPod touch in its US online store
- History of the iPod nano - YouTube
More AppleInsider podcasts
Tune in to our HomeKit Insider podcast covering the latest news, products, apps and everything HomeKit related. Subscribe in Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or just search for HomeKit Insider wherever you get your podcasts.
Subscribe and listen to our AppleInsider Daily podcast for the latest Apple news Monday through Friday. You can find it on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or anywhere you listen to podcasts.
Podcast artwork from Basic Apple Guy. Download the free wallpaper pack here.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]
Subscribe to AppleInsider on:
Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast — and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too.If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.