On this week's episode of the AppleInsider Podcast your hosts discuss an Apple exec alluding to the new Mac Pro, break down internet drama over Clean Energy Charging, spill the beans on Apple's secret workshop, and more.
Your hosts discuss passcode etiquette in public venues after revelations about iPhone security. All a thief needs is to observe their target enter their passcode, then the iPhone, Apple ID, and iCloud Keychain are free to access — but there are basic steps to prevent this.
The Mac Pro with Apple Silicon is still coming, and even Apple has said so directly. The latest re-affirmation comes from Apple Vice President of Worldwide Product Marketing, Bob Borchers, who didn't give details, but hinted that there were more Macs to transition to M-series processors.
Wesley brings his history as an electrician to the show to help explain what everyone got wrong about Clean Energy Charging. The feature uses an algorithm to suspend charging during a very specific set of circumstances to help reduce a user's carbon footprint, but social media had other ideas about it.
The show concludes with a question about Mac Pro's effectiveness as an actual cheese grater, thoughts about bespoke home accessories that look like Apple products, and a brief mention of Apple's "secret" Exploratory Design Group.
Contact our hosts
Support the show
Support the show on Patreon or Apple Podcasts to get ad-free episodes every week, access to our private Discord channel, and early release of the show! We would also appreciate a 5-star rating and review in Apple Podcasts
Links from the show
- Everything new in iOS 16.4 beta 2
- My Beef with Books - Basic Apple Guy
- New 2023 Mac Pro is coming, says Apple exec
- Apple's 2019 Mac Pro Cheese Grating - YouTube
- If both your iPhone and passcode get stolen, you're in deep trouble
- iPhone 15 to require certified accessories for full access to USB-C
- Microsoft is bringing iMessage to Windows with the Phone Link app
- Battery replacement costs surge for iPhones, iPads and Macs
- Why people are upset about iPhone charging
- Apple's new hire will help build video ad business for Apple TV+
- How to quit all Mac apps at once in macOS Ventura
- Exploratory Design Group is Apple's secretive team working on glucose tech
More AppleInsider podcasts
Tune in to our HomeKit Insider podcast covering the latest news, products, apps and everything Homekit related. Subscribe in Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or just search for HomeKit Insider wherever you get your podcasts.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]
Subscribe to AppleInsider on:
Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast — and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too.If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.