The AppleInsider Podcast hosts discuss new leaks pointing to a September 13 iPhone 15 launch, tvOS 17 beta code revealing mystery iPhone models, SOS via Satellite saving lives in the Maui wildfires, and Stephen going without an iPhone for a couple of rough days.
September 13 seems to be the day Apple will hold an event and announce the iPhone 15 lineup. The pro iPhones will use the A17 processor, and specs for that chipset have leaked, suggesting it will offer six GPU cores and 6GB of RAM.
Your hosts discuss the situation in Maui and how a family used SOS via Satellite to escape the wildfire. The feature is exclusive to iPhone 14 models, so far, and will eventually cost money to use, but not yet.
Stephen's broken iPhone saga continues as he had to wait for repairs to be done without a borrowed unit. The trials of navigating life with an Apple Watch that doesn't have a paired iPhone show that the wearable just isn't ready to stand on its own.
Finally, with Microsoft abandoning Cortana, it seems the era of smart assistants is over — or it would be if Apple wasn't still fully supporting Siri. Also, Apple Music has a new Discovery Station that seems to do a great job of recommending new music.
Contact our hosts
Links from the show
- SOS via Satellite saves family caught in Maui wildfires
- Maui Fires SOS Tweet
- MagEZ Folio 2 for iPad Pro 2022/2021/2020/2018 - PITAKA
- Here's what new in iOS 17 developer beta 5
- iPhone 15 launch will keep video format with an invited audience
- Rival leaker claims new iPhone 15 USB-C image is the real deal'
- tvOS 17 beta 5 references nonexistent iPhone models
- Leaker claims to have details of iPhone 15 Pro's A17 processor
- Apple plans a new type of band for Apple Watch this year
- M3 Max chips being tested for future MacBook Pro
- Microsoft dumps Cortana even as Apple prioritizes Siri
- Apple AI in the works leads to high RandD spend
- Apple Music debuts new algorithmic Discovery Station
Support the show
Support the show on Patreon or Apple Podcasts to get ad-free episodes every week, access to our private Discord channel, and early release of the show! We would also appreciate a 5-star rating and review in Apple Podcasts.
More AppleInsider podcasts
Tune in to our HomeKit Insider podcast covering the latest news, products, apps and everything HomeKit related. Subscribe in Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or just search for HomeKit Insider wherever you get your podcasts.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]
Subscribe to AppleInsider on:
Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast — and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too.If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.