AppleInsider may earn an affiliate commission on purchases made through links on our site.
This week, on the AppleInsider Podcast, your hosts talk about Apple's release of the M2 Pro and M2 Max in updated MacBook Pro models, the new Mac mini, and HomePod's rebirth with new features.
First, a PSA to say that the AppleInsider Daily podcast isn't going anywhere. Instead, a rolling cast of AppleInsider staffers will be reading the news, so be sure to subscribe to get the latest Apple headlines every day.
In this weekly podcast, though, your AppleInsider hosts discuss Apple's latest event-that-wasn't shared through press releases that revealed the M2 Pro and M2 Max processors, updated Macs, and the new HomePod. Apple is off to a big start for 2023, but rumors are already suggesting that we'll see the M3 processor and a new MacBook Air before the end of the year.
The 14-inch MacBook Pro and 16-inch MacBook Pro didn't get any external aesthetic updates, but there are new processors, Wi-Fi 6E, and the HDMI port can support up to 8K output. Apple also updated the Mac mini with the M2 and M2 Pro.
The large HomePod is back, and your hosts discuss their home audio setups and what they've ordered from Apple. The speaker's internals has been reconfigured, and a new processor promises improved computational audio.
That's all great news for fans of the original HomePod, but there is some sadder information. We lament the demise of third-party Twitter clients — and look at how this changes the platform as a whole.
Contact your hosts
Support the show
Support the show on Patreon or Apple Podcasts to get ad-free episodes every week, access to our private Discord channel, and early release of the show! We would also appreciate a 5-star rating and review in Apple Podcasts
Links from the show
- Ted Lasso' returns to Apple TV+ in spring 2023
- Apple produced an event video for M2 Mac mini and MacBook Pro
- Apple planned M2 Mac mini, MacBook Pro launch for 2022
- Apple celebrating Black History Month with new Apple Watch band, content, donations
- Apple upgrades 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro with M2 Pro, M2 Max
- AMD trying to take on Apple Silicon with Ryzen 7040
- Apple updates Mac mini with M2 and M2 Pro chip options
- First M2 Pro benchmarks prove big improvement over M1 Max
- M2 Pro Mac mini vs Mac Studio - compared
- Mac Pro trade-in value plummets after M2 announcements
- Apple resurrects full-size HomePod with updated acoustics
- HomePod software updates brings new features to every model
- New HomePod vs 2018 HomePod - compared
- iOS 16.3 and other updates expected week of January 23
- Apple seeds Release Candidate betas for iOS 16.3, iPadOS 16.3, tvOS 16.3, watchOS 9.3
- Twitter frustrating developers as it cuts off some third-party apps
More AppleInsider podcasts
Tune in to our HomeKit Insider podcast covering the latest news, products, apps and everything HomeKit related. Subscribe in Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or just search for HomeKit Insider wherever you get your podcasts.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]
Subscribe to AppleInsider on:
Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast — and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too.If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.