On this week's AppleInsider podcast, leaked renders of the "iPhone 14 Pro" show a hole-punch design, plus there are early reviews of iPad Air, while iPadOS 15.4 launches with Universal Control.
Leaker Majin Bu on Twitter claims that Apple is working on floating app windows for iPadOS codenamed "Apple Mixer." It's expected that iPadOS 16 will be revealed at WWDC later this year, where M1 iPads may gain power-user features like this that could remain unavailable on the iPad and iPad mini.
Apple has released the new iOS 15.4, iPadOS 15.4, and macOS 12.3 to the public, including Universal Control and Face ID mask compatibility features. Apple TV also received new features , including HomeKit camera picture-in-picture, Apple Watch confirmation, and support for Captive WiFi networks.
Next, a series of CAD renders were leaked by 91mobiles that appear to show the "iPhone 14 Pro" design. On the front of this device, the notch has been replaced with a pill shape and hole-punch cutout for Face ID and front-facing camera. On the back, the camera bump resembles the current iPhone 13 Pro model, which contradicts previous reports by Jon Prosser.
Contact our hosts
Support the show
Support the show on Patreon or Apple Podcasts to get ad-free episodes every week, access to our private Discord channel, and early release of the show! We would also appreciate a 5-star rating and review in Apple Podcasts
Links from the show
- French customer receives Mac Studio order a few days early
- iPhone SE is powerful and accessible with tired design, early reviews say
- iPad Air 5 review roundup: A great yet confounding value proposition
- Future iPadOS apps may automatically float when keyboard connected
- Apple rolls out iOS 15.4 and iPadOS 15.4 with Face ID update, Universal Control
- iOS 15.4, watchOS 8.5 allow Apple Watches to be restored with a nearby iPhone
- Apple updates macOS Monterey to version 12.3 with Universal Control
- Apple's tvOS 15.4 update arrives with support for joining captive WiFi networks
- The first impressions of Apple's green iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro are in
- New leaked 'iPhone 14 Pro' renders back up hole-punch rumors
- iPhone 14 Pro models to feature taller screen, Apple ditching 'mini' model
- iPhone 14 may still use A15, Pro models move to A16 says Ming-Chi Kuo
- iPhone 14, MacBook Air and more - What the rest of Apple's 2022 looks like
- How the new Mac Studio fills a crucial gap in Apple's desktop lineup
- 'Apple Car' team dissolved and 2025 launch may be in doubt says Ming-Chi Kuo
More AppleInsider podcasts
Tune in to our HomeKit Insider podcast covering the latest news, products, apps and everything HomeKit related. Subscribe in Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or just search for HomeKit Insider wherever you get your podcasts.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]
Subscribe to AppleInsider on:
Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast — and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too.If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.