This week, on the AppleInsider Podcast, we discuss predictions of the iPhone roadmap through 2023, original MagSafe's potential return to a future Mac, and our privacy concerns with Clubhouse.
Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has released predictions for not just the next iPhone, but the following two as well. He starts by claiming that the "iPhone 13" will come with a 120Hz ProMotion display, improved ultra-wide camera and potentially larger battery.
Then in 2022 the "iPhone 14" may abandon the notch and, he says, "adopt the punch-hole display design." Kuo also claims that Apple may launch foldable mobile devices in 2023, and that same year the "iPhone 15" could include an under-screen fingerprint scanner.
Speaking of future Apple plans, a patent granted to the company on March 2 includes images of new MagSafe connectors. These could appear on future MacBooks and even also smaller devices like the iPhone. Kuo and other leakers now claim USB-C will not come to iPhone and it will either transition to having no charging port at all or use a new MagSafe connector.
Back to the present, and certain models of the 4K 21.5-inch iMac are "currently unavailable" from Apple — which points to a possible refresh coming soon. If there are new models, then they may resemble the rendered images created by Jon Prosser and will be powered by Apple Silicon.
Apple recently launched a new tool that allows users to copy their iCloud Photo Library to Google Photos directly. Unfortunately, not all media types are transferrable such as Live Photos and Shared Albums. A new support page also launched on Apple's website highlighting "Apple for Kids" features and guides to setting up devices with Screen Time and Family Sharing.
Next, an Apple user on Twitter claimed that missing an Apple Card payment resulted in his Apple ID, iCloud, and App Store account being disabled. After further research, however, AppleInsider discovered that a series of events including a violated trade-in agreement were actually to blame.
While its popularity is growing, privacy concerns regarding the live-audio app Clubhouse have increased as well. The platform states that recordings are temporarily saved in case a user reports an incident that requires investigation. It also says that your information can't be deleted from the service even if it has been shared by someone else.
The list goes on. Account deletion isn't available in the app, either, and Clubhouse is monitoring user activity with tracking pixels and cookies.
Plus Peak Design is asking Amazon to address its copycat product, the "Everyday Sling" and even produced a video about it, which it has shared on social media. YouTuber Luke Miani successfully installs an M1 Mac mini motherboard inside a 2011 iMac, and Jason Sudeikis wins the first Golden Globe for Apple TV+ with Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series — Musical or Comedy.
If you have questions or comments on the show, tweet at @stephenrobles and @Hillitech, or email us here. Find us in your favorite podcast player by searching for "AppleInsider" and support the show by leaving a 5-Star rating and comment in Apple Podcasts .
Tune in to our HomeKit Insider podcast covering the latest news, products, apps and everything HomeKit related. Subscribe in Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or just search for HomeKit Insider wherever you get your podcasts.
Subscribe to AppleInsider on:
Links from the show
- 'iPhone 13' will bring ProMotion 120Hz display, foldable coming by 2023 says Kuo
- MicroLED, mini LED, OLED - Apple's future iPhone, iPad, and Mac displays
- iPhone not migrating to USB-C or getting Touch ID on power button any time soon
- MagSafe connector could return and replace Lightning on iPhone
- Rumor: Apple's MagSafe battery pack for iPhone could support reverse charging
- Avoidable chain of events with cloud payments & unreturned trade-in led to disabled Apple ID [u]
- Apple has stopped producing 512GB, 1TB SSD iMac 4K models, claim sources
- Returning to the Apple Store - the new normal
- Clubhouse Is Recording Your Conversations. That's Not Even Its Worst Privacy Problem
- New tool allows users to transfer iCloud Photos content to Google Photos
- All 270 US Apple Stores open for the first time since first pandemic-related closures
- Apple for Kids - Official Apple Support
- Peak Design Video - YouTube
- YouTuber builds 'first' Apple Silicon iMac using old iMac & M1 Mac mini
- Jason Sudeikis wins first Golden Globe for Apple TV+ with 'Ted Lasso'
- Tom Cruise Deep Fake
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]