AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content.
On the AppleInsider podcast, your hosts discuss leaks pointing to a September "iPhone 13" launch, a purported "Apple Watch Series 7" flat-edge design, SharePlay not arriving with the iOS 15 launch, iCloud passwords going cross-platform, and more!
According to analysts from Wedbush, Apple's next iPhone will be announced the third week of September. Alongside the purported "iPhone 13", leaker 91mobiles has corroborated the redesign of "Apple Watch Series 7" first shown by Jon Prosser with flat sides and a thinner body.
Also coming this Fall is the redesigned "iPad mini 6" and thinner iPad as reported by Mark Gurman. This new iPad mini will resemble the updated iPad Air and iPad Pro with the same flat-edge design coming to Apple Watch.
In the latest iOS 15 beta, Apple's new SharePlay feature has been removed and the company confirmed it will not be available at launch. SharePlay allows multiple users to view movies, TV shows, or listen to music and podcasts simultaneously while communicating over FaceTime. Apple stated the feature will be released later this Fall.
iOS 15 beta 5 also brings additional interface options for Safari on iPhone and iPad. Some of the new options include disabling the Safari window tint change to match the active website, a single tab view at the top of the iPhone screen, and a landscape tab bar.
In an effort to bring improved cross-platform password syncing, Apple released an updated iCloud application for Windows that includes Keychain password management. On the heels of the 1Password 8 announcement and the company using Electron to build its new version, Apple could make a serious play for password management marketshare if it builds a first-party, standalone app.
We round out the show with real-life usage of the iPadOS 15 Live Text feature, NerualHash code found in iOS 14.3, AirTag anecdotes, and the Steve Jobs email that reveals Apple was working on an iPhone Nano back in 2010.
Follow our hosts
- Headspace: Get a FREE one-month trial with access to the entire Headspace library! Visit headspace.com/appleinsider to learn more.
- LinkedIn Jobs: Hire the right person for your job with LinkedIn! Nearly 40 million job seekers visit LinkedIn every week. Post your first job for FREE at: linkedin.com/appleinsider
- Masterclass: Get 15% off an annual membership to Masterclass when you visit: masterclass.com/appleinsider
Support the show
Support the show on Patreon or Apple Podcasts to get ad-free episodes every week, access to our private Discord channel, and early release of the show! We would also appreciate a 5-star rating and review in Apple Podcasts
Links from the show
- Shortcut to iCloud Password Settings
- What YouTubers Do with Raw Footage - Tweet
- 'iPhone 13' launch due third week of September, says analyst
- Motorized iPhone periscope camera could offer optical image stabilization, autofocus
- Purported 'Apple Watch Series 7' renders show larger speakers, iPhone 12-style straight edges
- Apple Health division faces reduction after internal initiatives scale back
- iPad mini design revealed in purported case mold leak
- Thinner iPad, iPad mini predicted before end of 2021
- SharePlay isn't arriving with macOS Monterey, iOS 15 launch
- Apple giving iOS 15 users choice between new and old Safari design
- Apple releases iOS 15, iPadOS 15, tvOS 15 watchOS 8 public beta 6
- iCloud for Windows app updated with built-in Keychain password manager
- Users lobby 1Password to abandon new Electron version
- Apple now offers annual AppleCare+ subscriptions for new Mac owners
- Netflix enables Spatial Audio support for iPhone and iPad
- Steve Jobs email reveals Apple was evaluating an 'iPhone nano' in 2010
- Outdated Apple CSAM detection algorithm harvested from iOS 14.3 [u]
- Apple Card Not Accepted - Tweet
- Mastercard signals end of magnetic stripe on credit cards
More AppleInsider podcasts
Tune in to our HomeKit Insider podcast covering the latest news, products, apps and everything HomeKit related. Subscribe in Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or just search for HomeKit Insider wherever you get your podcasts.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]
Subscribe to AppleInsider on:
Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast — and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too. If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.
Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast — and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too.
If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.