After an Oct. 7 debut in India, the next major wave of international iPhone 7 launches will hit Oct. 14, according to a number of regional Apple websites.
Friday, September 30, 2016
Squarely targeting the money-is-no-object market, iPhone modifier Gresso has debuted the iPhone 7 Black Diamond collection, boasting multiple 18 karat gold embellishments and 104 karats of black diamonds encrusted on the collection's back panel — with matching AirPods to boot.
The latest drone footage of Apple's new headquarters under construction shows the site more put together than in previous videos, with the entire site appearing to taking shape as a unified whole rather than disparate construction projects for the first time.
Deals: Unlocked iPhone 7s in stock; $200 off 15" MacBook Pro; $100-$150 off 27" iMac 5Ks; up to $120 off iPad Pros
End of the month deals abound with discounts of up to $150 off on 27" iMac 5Ks and up to $120 off iPad Pros. Shoppers can also snap up a 15" MacBook Pro for $1,799, while a lifetime iOS and Xcode developer subscription is $79. Those looking to get their hands on a 256GB iPhone 7 can pick one up on eBay now and avoid the 2-3 week wait time from Apple.
Apple chip foundry TSMC has given hints for its future road map, and claims that it will start mass producing 10nm chips before the end of 2016, nearly a year ahead of Intel.
Apple Pay's entry into the Russian market is imminent, according to one report, while two others suggested the platform could soon arrive in Taiwan and Kenya.
A disgruntled customer, upset at perceived slights by Apple support, has used a steel ball to smash assorted products inside the Dijon, France Apple retail store.
On the heels of news that Sharp plans to invest more than a half-billion dollars in OLED technology, a new report reveals the company is in talks with Apple to supply OLED displays for a future iPhone, suggesting the two items are strongly correlated.
This week on the AppleInsider podcast, Neil Hughes tells Victor Marks about the latest iOS tips, Dan's iPhone 7 review, Apple Watch Series 2, DJI's new foldable Mavic Pro drone, and more.
Apple display supplier Sharp on Thursday announced plans to invest 57.4 billion yen (about $568 million) in its OLED business as soon as the second quarter of 2018.
Thursday, September 29, 2016
Zerodium, a well-known "bug broker," on Thursday announced a new $1.5 million top end limit for zero-day exploits targeting iPhones and iPads running Apple's latest version of iOS 10.
Adding to an already successful mobile app offering, television network The CW updated both its iOS and tvOS apps on Thursday with new features like AirPlay support and the ability to stream shows without a cable login.
Two weeks after Adobe brought DNG image file format support to iOS with Lightroom for mobile, the company on Thursday updated its app to take full advantage of Apple's new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
With the release of iOS 10, Apple's Game Center service no longer has its own dedicated application. Instead, actions like adding friends or inviting them to a game are handled by individual games themselves, routed through Apple's expanded Messages app.
Some iPhone 7 owners are encountering trouble with Bluetooth connections in BMW vehicles, and/or LTE connections to Verizon, according to complaints on Apple's support forums and tips to AppleInsider.
Deals: Grab the lowest prices on iMacs and MacBooks with AppleCare (up to $430 off) with exclusive coupons
AI readers can use exclusive coupons this week to score the lowest prices anywhere on 27-inch iMac 5Ks, 15-inch MacBook Pros and remaining 2015 12-inch MacBooks bundled with AppleCare. Save up to $430 instantly with free shipping and no tax in most states.
Thursday, September 29, 2016
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to make a broad swath of improvements to the Wireless Emergency Alerts system, upgrading messages with more content and detail, including some limited interactive elements.
In a survey performed by Bank of America Merrill Lynch, 12 percent of consumers have intentions to purchase Apple's wireless AirPods, possibly leading to billions in sales for Apple.
Though it's an ad for the newly released iPhone 7, Apple's latest TV commercial is actually pushing a feature found on all devices that can run iOS 10: expressive texts in the Messages app.
After a bruising battle with the Federal Bureau of Investigation and a contentious debate over encryption in the wake of the San Bernadino terrorist shooting, Apple has doubled down on privacy protection by researching cutting-edge privacy techniques for iOS 10, allowing advanced new features while protecting user data.
Random House has debuted the first volume in a series of enhanced editions of George R. R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" novels, exclusively on Apple's iBooks marketplace.
Despite strong encryption — and claims that it "doesn't scan your communications" or "store data related to customers' location" — Apple is saving some metadata from iMessage and other apps and sharing it with law enforcement agencies, according to a new report.
Six companies including Microsoft and Google have launched a cross-disciplinary partnership to steer the future of artificial intelligence development, but as of yet, Apple has not signed on.
Apple has silently added traffic data for Maps users in four more European nations, namely the microstates of Malta, Monaco, San Marino, and Liechtenstein.
AppleInsider readers upgrading to a new iPhone or Apple Watch this month can use an exclusive promo code to tack on an additional $10 bonus to existing payouts of up to $300 when selling their old Apple devices to BuyBackWorld. Plus, lock in a cash payout today and hold onto your old device until Halloween.
BreakingAll 2017 iPhones likely to have glass casing, stainless steel edges may be limited to high-end models
With the glossy jet black iPhone 7 leading the way in sales, Apple is expected to switch to a more scratch-resistant all-glass finish for the front and back of a 2017 iPhone redesign, with stainless steel edges, rather than aluminum, for premium models.
Apple's senior VP of internet software and services, Eddy Cue, sat down for an interview with rock musician Bruce Springsteen on Wednesday night, who appeared at Apple's SoHo store in New York City to promote his new autobiography Born to Run.
Deals: $150 off 256GB 13" MacBook Pro; up to $220 off first-gen Apple Watches; 1TB storage for life now $39
Shoppers in the market for a 13" MacBook Pro can pick up the 2.7GHz model with 256GB of space for $1,349 and save $50 on AppleCare. First-gen Apple Watches are also $200-$220 off, while Zoolz Complete Cloud Storage is 98% off.
According to Chinese media, Apple is launching its first research and development center in the country, located in long-time technology incubation area Zhongguancun Science Park, Beijing.
Apple Watch invention enables True Tone display tech by measuring ambient light through a user's skin
Smartwatches perhaps more than any other portable device would benefit from power saving and color adjustable displays, but squeezing the requisite ambient light sensor that serves as the basis of such technology into an already stuffed chassis is a difficult proposition. Apple might have solved the problem, however, with a sensor capable of detecting light reflected through flesh.
Apple CEO Tim Cook is slated to sit down with U.S. Sen. Orrin Hatch this Friday in a Q&A session that will cap off the senator's Utah Tech Tour, an event created to shine a light on the state's technology community.
Wednesday, September 28, 2016
Famed New York City restauranteur Danny Meyer is outfitting floor managers and sommeliers at upscale eatery Union Square Cafe with Apple Watch hardware, a tech-meets-hospitality integration that could shape the future of restaurant services.
Skype on Wednesday became the latest app to take advantage of Apple's new iOS 10 APIs, with the popular VoIP product now supporting both Siri commands and CallKit for a completely integrated experience.
Potentially further consolidating the streaming audio business, Spotify is said to be in discussions to purchase user-driven music and podcast hosting service SoundCloud.
As promised, Apple on Wednesday activated backend machinery for Search Ads, a new feature in iOS 10 that allows developers to purchase promotional ads which show up in iOS App Store searches.
Samsung's standing with consumers became all the more tenuous on Wednesday when the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission warned owners of potential "safety issues" related to the company's top-loading washing machines.
While reports have consistently suggested the new MacBook Pro with Touch ID fingerprint sensor and OLED touch bar will debut this fall, exactly when in the fall has been a lingering question. A new report Wednesday aims to clarify that rather large window, singling out a late October release for the redesigned notebook.
Apple continues to move into enterprise information technology, with a new partnership with Deloitte formed to help businesses utilize the iOS ecosystem of hardware, software and services in the workplace.
- Inside iOS 10: Split-screen view in Safari for iPad boosts productivity
- Apple Music tops customer satisfaction in new JD Power study
- Beats Solo3 test finds Apple W1 audio chip boosts battery life & simplifies pairing
- Apple summons security experts for bug bounty program brief - report
- Second man pleads gulity in 'Celebgate' hacks of iCloud & Gmail accounts
- BlackBerry to exit hardware business, stop making smartphones, as financial skid continues
- Apple to house 1,400 employees at London's restored Battersea Power Station starting in 2021
- Sao Paulo joins list of cities with Apple Maps transit directions
- Supply chain report again notes dramatic increase in Apple iPhone 7 orders
- Apple's iPhone 7 camera tops competition despite smaller sensor in DxOMark review
- Occipital brings room-scale VR to iPhone with $500 dev kit headset
- First look: DJI touts Mavic Pro drone's compact design, spotlights continued partnership with Apple
- Spotify debuts 'Daily Mix' to compete with Apple Music's 'For You'
- Health insurer Aetna to offer customer & employee discounts on Apple Watch
- New macOS Sierra 10.12.1 betas available to developers & public
- Honeywell intros Lyric T5 thermostat ready for Apple's HomeKit
- DJI launches ultraportable iOS-connected Mavic Pro camera drone for $999
- MLB At Bat adds video highlights in Notification Center, other iOS 10 enhancements
- Inside the iPhone 7: Apple's Taptic Engine, explained
- New Galaxy Note 7 fire raises worries Samsung didn't fix battery problems
- Apple patents laser mapping system, hybrid mechanical-capacitive keyboard, invisible I/O connectors
- Apple, Silicon Valley raised millions to fund Hillary Clinton platform backing tech's positions on encryption, privacy, innovation, patents, education
- Apple reveals algorithm behind Apple Music mixes, execs discuss past and future of service
- Apple to reveal fiscal Q4 2016 earnings on Oct. 27
- Drake's 'Views' exceeds 1B streams on Apple Music
- Nvidia working with Apple on graphics for 'revolutionary' new Mac products
- Disney said to be weighing Twitter purchase to bolster online video efforts
- Sonos brings PLAY:1 & PLAY:5 speakers to Apple's online & retail stores
- Drake debuts new short film as Apple Music exclusive
- Plex Cloud beta launches, uses Amazon Drive subscription to store user media
- Deals: $200 off 15" MacBook Pro; up to $200 off 2016 12" MacBooks; 93% off iOS 10 dev course; Pay what you want for a Mac app bundle
- Photos show Apple's newly relocated & revamped Brea Mall store [u]
- Apple's health hires geared towards sharing, interpreting data, including new Watch apps
- Piper Jaffray downplays reports of bad iPhone 7 sales, sees similarities to iPhone 6 launch
- Pegatron CEO slams analysts, 'cautiously optimistic' about Apple iPhone 7 sales
- KGI: iPhone 7 won't sell as well as the iPhone 6s
- This week on AI: iPhone 7 & Apple Watch Series 2 review, McLaren buyout rumors, macOS Sierra launch & more
- Apple celebrates grand opening of first retail store in Mexico
Tuesday, September 27, 2016
Monday, September 26, 2016
Sunday, September 25, 2016