Following months of pressure from service workers advocacy groups, Apple is set to end its reliance on external security vendors and will begin hiring security personnel as full-time employees, entitling them to many of the same benefits granted to other Apple workers.
Tuesday, March 03, 2015
This year's SXSW festival in Austin, Tex., will feature more than a thousand iBeacon transmitters onsite, allowing attendees to receive timely, location-specific messages and the ability to connect with others.
Koenigsegg, a Swedish supercar maker which sells some of the most expensive vehicles on Earth, has joined the list of auto manufacturers offering support for Apple's CarPlay standard via the Regera, a new car unveiled today at the Geneva Motor Show in Switzerland.
As the automotive glitterati descends on Switzerland for the first industry powwow since rumors of an Apple Car began swirling, executives from some of the world's largest automakers have opened up about the possibility of counting the iPhone maker as a competitor.
Google is poised to lose billions in annual revenue if Apple does not renew a deal making Google the default search engine in iOS, according to a new memo by analysts at UBS, which attempts to predict the real-world impact of such a decision.
Squeezed at the high-end of the market by Apple, and also at the low-end by cheaper Chinese alternatives, Samsung saw its share of the total smartphone market shrink in 2014, even as overall smartphone shipments grew to new heights.
Pebble on Tuesday announced a steel version of its upcoming Pebble Time smartwatch, as well as a new expandable accessory port called "smartstrap" that could add functions such as GPS or heart rate monitoring.
Monday, March 02, 2015
After launching its "Shot on iPhone 6" ad campaign on Sunday, works from Apple's "World Gallery" are now showing up on billboards, static ad spaces and in magazines in far flung locales around the globe.
Investment firm Piper Jaffray issued a report on Monday breaking down expected Apple Watch average selling prices, saying an aggregate of consumers will likely spend closer to $550 on the device, considering case and internal storage options.
At a hearing on Monday, District Court Judge Lucy Koh appeared satisfied with a $415 million proposal from Apple, Google and two other Silicon Valley tech companies to settle allegations that anti-poaching agreements artificially capped employee wages.
Upcoming Steve Jobs biography dives deep into Apple cofounder's life, features interviews with Tim Cook, Jony Ive, more
An upcoming biography about Steve Jobs promises an intimate portrait of the late tech guru told through extensive interviews with Jobs' inner circle, including current Apple CEO Tim Cook, SVP of Design Jony Ive and Jobs' widow Laurene Powell Jobs, among others.
Daimler CEO Dieter Zetsche and the CEO of the Renault-Nissan Alliance, Carlos Ghosn, have each adopted radically different stances on rumors of a so-called Apple Car, with the former dismissing the idea and the latter welcoming it as a boost to Renault-Nissan's business.
Despite initial promises by Google, and rival Apple implementing the technology in iOS 8 last September, new devices loaded with Android 5.0 Lollipop are not using default full-disk encryption meant to prevent criminals, police, and spy agencies from getting unauthorized access to private data.
With the retail launch of the Apple Watch fast approaching, tidbits on the development of the highly anticipated device continue to come to light, including the fact that former Adobe executive Kevin Lynch was responsible for software development.
Apple recently extended its trademark protection in Switzerland to include automobiles, but such filings are far from new and odds are that the company is working to cover its nascent CarPlay initiative, rather than the much-ballyhooed Apple Car.
Apple Pay has proven to be a venue of convenience for criminals focusing on identity fraud, a new report suggests, with many fraudsters taking advantage of lax customer verification controls put in place by Apple's partner banks to make brick-and-mortar purchases using stolen credit cards via the growing mobile payment service.
Members of the public OS X Beta Program can now experience Apple's forthcoming Photos app for Mac, thanks to the release of the first OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 public beta.
The mobile payment industry continues to see shakeups this week, as PayPal has announced it will acquire Paydiant, a mobile wallet developer with clients including MCX — the consortium behind retailer-driven Apple Pay competitor CurrentC.
Apple and IBM have unveiled three more MobileFirst enterprise apps for iPhones and iPads, covering a range of industries and uses: Advisor Alerts, Passenger Care, and Dynamic Buy.
ExclusiveKiller Deal: Free LG optical drive, Free Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Pro headphones, and up to $350 off all BTO MacBook Pros with AppleCare
Morgan Stanley showed significant confidence in Apple on Monday, raising their price target to $160 and expressing a belief to investors that the company can continue to grow its business.
Search giant Google on Monday revealed plans to build a new mobile payments API into its Android mobile operating system, allowing developers to integrate the service — dubbed Android Pay — into their applications.
Speaking at a Mobile World Congress keynote on Monday, Google's senior vice president of products, Sundar Pichai, confirmed earlier speculation and announced that the company is planning to launch its own carrier service with more details set to be announced in the coming months.
Apple CEO Tim Cook waxed nostalgic about his relationship with the late Steve Jobs, reiterated the company's commitment to its customers' privacy, and discussed his thoughts on Apple's ability to influence social change during a sit-down with German tabloid BILD earlier this week.
The latest magazine to offer a closer look at the Apple Watch comes from Hong Kong, where a series of photos in the publication "East Touch" show off different models and watch band combinations for men.
Today only, until supplies run out, readers can grab Apple's 64GB iPad Air (Wi-Fi + 4G LTE) in Space Grey for $399 shipped, while a sister offer slashes the company's top-of-the-line MacBook Pro by $400 — both of which are the lowest prices we've ever seen for these models.
Monday, March 02, 2015
Dutch chipmaker NXP — which provides near-field communications and motion processing hardware for Apple — announced on Monday that it would spend $11.8 billion to acquire rival firm Freescale Semiconductor, a seminal semiconductor manufacturer and itself a longtime Apple supplier.
As part of plans to triple its retail presence in China by mid-2016, Apple on Sunday announced that Chongqing's MixC mall will play host to the country's next Apple Store.
Sunday, March 01, 2015
Following cover stories in major publications across China, France and the U.S., Apple Watch made its big UK debut on Sunday with a three-page spread in widely circulated fashion magazine Style.
- Samsung responds to iPhone 6 with premium metal & glass Galaxy S6, counters Apple Pay with Samsung Pay
- Apple Watch to reportedly offer 'Power Reserve' to help extend battery life
- Apple touts iPhone 6 as world's most popular camera in showcase of extraordinary user photos
- Logitech Keys to Go Review: The ultimate portable bluetooth keyboard
- Sources: Apple's 2015 'iPhone 6s' models to gain Force Touch but no dual-camera system
- Shuttle drivers at Apple, other Silicon Valley tech companies vote for Teamsters representation
- Apple's Tim Cook takes hardline stance against consumer data sharing, government snooping and terrorism
- Rumor: iOS 8.2 release is imminent from Apple, iOS 8.3 to follow closely behind
- Tim Cook says Apple Watch will replace electronic car keys, confirms Apple Store revamp
- Apple's March 9 'Spring Forward' event steals thunder from rivals at Mobile World Congress
- Vogue Paris calls the Apple Watch 'a small revolution' in new two-page spread
- AppleInsider podcast discusses Apple's March 9 event, net neutrality, Pebble Time & more
- Ericsson unloads legal barrage against Apple in ongoing patent licensing dispute
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson appointed to board of fashion e-tailer Nasty Gal, leads investment
- Apple looking for hardware and software engineers to build virtual reality displays
- Apple takes top spot in online order fulfillment in Q4 with average ship time of 2.5 days
- Apple's iWork for iCloud goes platform agnostic, open to everyone
- Fresh off $533M victory, Smartflash files another patent suit against Apple
- Firehouse Subs rolls out support for Apple Pay to over 800 locations nationwide
- Apple's March 9 'Spring Forward' event will be streamed live from its website, Apple TV
- FCC votes to enforce net neutrality by regulating ISPs, unleashes municipal broadband
- Apple announces 'spring forward' event for March 9, likely to talk about Apple Watch & more
- German investment firm Berenberg predicts doom for Apple, sets price target of $60
- Apple partner Imagination unveils PowerVR 'super-GPU' with 512 ALU cores for game consoles
- Apple's Tim Cook pledges more growth in Israel during meeting with Israeli president
- Apple's iPhone commands record high 89% of smartphone profits while Android plummets to record low
Saturday, February 28, 2015
Friday, February 27, 2015
Thursday, February 26, 2015