As part of a shift toward targeted digital and regional ad campaigns, Apple on Tuesday released three new versions of its "Notes" AirPods commercial in the UK featuring music from The 1975, Craig David and Lianne La Havas.
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
As part of efforts to bring its online assets under one roof, Apple recently purchased iCloud.net from a small Chinese social network, one of the last product related domains not currently under its control.
Earlier today Intel announced a new XMM 7650 Baseband Processor modem today to take on Qualcomm's X16. Unlike previous Intel modems, the new product supports CDMA in addition to LTE, as well as high speed LTE Category 16, enabling gigabit downloads. The new chip could enable global mobile support for Apple's next iPhones.
The Jaybird X3s are a high-quality, yet affordable alternative to other fitness-oriented Bluetooth headphones, including Apple's AirPods and Beats products. Whether or not they're right for you, though, can be very subjective.
Over the course of 2016, American iPhone owners forked out an average of $40 on iOS App Store purchases, including in-app transactions — up from $35 in 2015, according to new analytics data.
Apple on Tuesday released a new version of its digital audio workstation, Logic Pro X, making some minor feature additions while simultaneously solving two glitches with regions.
ExclusiveDeals: 13" MacBook Pro in Gray for $1,329; 15" MacBook Pro (Apple refurb) for $1,399; 13" Touch Bar MBP $1,649; 2TB G-Drive Pro $239
For one week only, AI readers can pick up a 13" MacBook Pro with function keys for $1,329 ($170 off) at B&H with no tax collected outside NY and NJ. Today is also the last day to snap up a 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar for $1,649. Plus, Apple refurbished 15" MacBook Pros are $1,399.99 with no tax outside NY, and a 2TB G-Drive Pro with Thunderbolt is $160 off.
Samsung is planning to sell refurbished units of the Galaxy Note 7 with smaller batteries in emerging markets, according to a South Korean report, in an attempt to mitigate some of the costs incurred as part of the electronic giant's battery-related smartphone recall.
A day after developers were issued fresh pre-release beta builds of all four of Apple's major platforms, new public betas of iOS 10.3 and macOS 10.12.4 are also available to download.
Verizon on Tuesday announced a deal to buy the core business of Yahoo for $4.48 billion — managing to secure a $350 million discount it was pursuing because of two major security breaches, the last of which affected over 1 billion accounts.
Apple supplier Qualcomm on Tuesday revealed a new LTE modem, the Snapdragon X20, which could push the limits of the cellular technology and theoretically appear in a 2018 iPhone — if the chipmaker and Apple can get along.
Apple's data center operations in Reno, Nev., continue to expand, with the company now pursuing an additional 375,000 square feet of space to power its iCloud services, AppleInsider has learned.
ExclusiveKiller Deals: Save $150 to $415 instantly on Apple's new Touch Bar MacBook Pros with Apple Care, plus no tax in 48 states
First come, first served: AppleInsider readers can use exclusive coupons this week to instantly save between $150 and $415 on every possible configuration of Apple's new Late 2016 MacBook Pros bundled with AppleCare, including all 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar models and all 15" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar models. Plus sales tax isn't collected in 48 states.
The U.S. government should be forced to reveal how much the FBI paid for tools to unlock an iPhone at the center of the San Bernardino shooting investigation, three major news organizations insisted to a judge on Monday.
While not much has been said up until now about Apple's possible intentions for user storage on the "iPhone 8," a new report claims that the high-end device will have at least 64 gigabytes of flash storage, with a second configuration boasting 256 gigabytes.
Although Apple's upcoming "iPhone 8" is expected to offer a 5.15-inch AMOLED screen with a 2K resolution, the company is dropping plans to make it curved because of problems discovered in testing, a research firm said on Tuesday.
For the next Apple Watch, Apple is likely to switch from touch-on-lens technology to a glass-film option, in the process changing up suppliers for its touch technology, a report claimed on Tuesday.
A new report sheds some doubt on Apple's "iPhone 8" including Energous wireless charging at-range technology, and suggests that it will either use the Qi or the Airfuel protocols.
In addition to being a complete redesign of the iconic handset, Apple's anticipated "iPhone 8" will reportedly bring key technical upgrades to the platform, including a "revolutionary" front facing 3D camera system that can be used for a variety of applications, from biometric authentication to games.
EditorialEditorial: Uncertainties of a dysfunctional American government likely to hurt Apple's performance
Shares of Apple are currently trading at an all time high, in a bull market rally that recently-elected U.S. President Trump has frequently taken credit for. However, stock market gains—including Apple's—appear to be driven primarily by favorable earnings reports from the December quarter. The economic future of Apple — and the U.S. overall — is less certain, given risks related to infrastructure investment, taxes, currency valuations, immigration restrictions and travel bans under the new administration.
Monday, February 20, 2017
Amidst rumors claiming Apple plans to refresh its iPad line at a special event in March, the company and its reseller network are seeing stockouts of all 12.9-inch iPad Pro models, with both online and brick-and-mortar stores showing availability estimates pushed back by 2 to 3 weeks.
Apple on Monday shared a series of four short commercial spots featuring the low-light photo capture capabilities of iPhone 7, with the ads taking viewers on a trip through a sampling of nighttime scenes, from New York to Johannesburg.
Apple recently added complete translations and custom explainer graphics to Apple Pay support documents on its regional websites in German and Italy, suggesting the payments service might soon launch in those countries.
Apple has filed its appeal with the European court of appeals, all declaring that the European Commission's decision to levy $14 billion in taxes on Apple on behalf of the EU is erroneous, against the rule of law, and should be stricken.
Students who own Apple's new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar may not be able to use its dynamic function row in public examinations as industry officials believe its integrated predictive text feature and other capabilities could give them an unfair advantage. Here's how to disable it.
In addition to betas for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS, Apple on Monday also deployed its third developer-centric beta of macOS 10.12.4 with Night Shift, and other bug fixes.
Disney Research has showcased an automatic, unaided charging platform that would enable purpose-built structures — such as cabinets, rooms or even entire warehouses — to generate and deliver power to mobile receivers in close proximity.
Apple doesn't appear interested in developing a standalone Amazon Echo-like speaker utilizing Siri, as the company's vision is instead linked to devices like the iPhone, Apple Watch and AirPods.
Nearly two weeks since the last release, Apple has made available the third betas of iOS 10.3, watchOS 3.2, and tvOS 10.2 available to developers.
The Irish government spent more than 440,000 euros ($467,000) on a report to defend the tax arrangements between the country and Apple, amid ongoing scrutiny from the European Union.
ExclusiveApple Deals: 13" Touch Bar MacBook Pro for $1,649; 15" MacBook Pro (Apple refurb) for $1,399; $180 off 32GB 9.7" iPad Pro (Wi-Fi + LTE)
Shoppers have hours left to save $150 on Apple's 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar in Space Gray at B&H. Or save $600 on an Apple refurbished 15" MacBook Pro (Mid 2015). Apple's 32GB 9.7" iPad Pro (Wi-Fi + Cellular) is also $549 in Rose Gold.
Snap on Monday launched online sales of the Spectacles, its iPhone- and Android-connected smartglasses, finally expanding beyond its rare vending machines and a pop-up store located in New York City.
Apple is the fifth most reputable company in the United States, with the results of an annual poll into the public perception of a company putting the iPhone producer ahead of Disney, Google, Tesla, and Netflix in the rankings.
In addition to new iPads, Apple is also expected to unveil a high-capacity 128-gigabyte iPhone SE — as well as a potential (Product)Red iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus — at a media event in March, a new report claims.
The consequences of an Apple-issued security certificate expiration combined with a change made by Apple, is leading to some apps purchased outside the app store like 1Password, PDFpen, and Soulver for Mac to require reinstallation with a new version before coming back to life — but the issue may have lasting consequences for some software.
Apple's long-time ad partner, TBWA\Media Arts Lab, is "reorganizing and introducing a new operating model" in order to accommodate its client's new focus on digital and regional campaigns, according to a spokesperson for the agency.
Sunday, February 19, 2017
Adding weight to the rumors circulating about a future iPhone boasting facial recognition, reports claim that Apple has purchased RealFace — a machine learning company specializing in the technology.
The latest update to automation app Workflow 1.7 latest update makes it simpler to get started and better to streamline multi-app user processes. AppleInsider walks you through setting up your first workflow, and tailoring it specifically to what you need.
Saturday, February 18, 2017
Apple continued to struggle for ground in China during the December quarter, ceding fourth place in the country's smartphone market under pressure from local brands like Huawei and Xiaomi, according to new research data.
- The best Warhammer 40,000 games for the iPhone and iPad
- Review: Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes for iPhone is short on plot, long on tactics
- AirPods vs. Powerbeats3: Which Apple W1 headphones are better for working out and exercising?
- This week on AI: WWDC 2017, virtual buttons on 'iPhone 8,' BeatsX review & more
- Apple partnering with Broadcom on custom wireless charging chip for future iPhone
- GM & Lyft to deploy 'thousands' of self-driving Bolts in 2018 - report
- Sprint, T-Mobile merger under consideration again, given change in US regulatory climate
- Revamped SoundSource 3.0.0 brings quick audio source & output switching back to Mac after 5-year hiatus
- Apple launches new series of iPad Pro ads as anticipated hardware refresh looms
- Hands on: D-Link Omna 180, the first Apple HomeKit security camera
- Confide app used by White House staff not as secure as claimed, report suggests
- Supply chain expects 49.5M iPhone sales in Q2, profits retained by high ASP until 'iPhone 8'
- Samsung chief Jay Y. Lee arrested for part in South Korean corruption scandal
- Bomb threat forces evacuation of Apple's flagship Australian store
- AppleInsider podcast talks about 'iPhone 8' function area, fake news, BeatsX and more
- Apple to begin iPhone SE production in India this April, report says
- Bloomberg attacks Apple TV as failing to be "a groundbreaking, iPhone-caliber product"
- AT&T expands unlimited plan to all customers, single line pricing starts at $100
- Korean court approves arrest warrant for Samsung head Jay Y. Lee
- Head to head: Comparing AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile & Verizon's 'unlimited' wireless plans for iPhone [u]
- Apple airs two new ads showcasing Portrait mode on iPhone 7 Plus
- Microsoft rolls out MacBook Pro Touch Bar support to all Office for Mac suite users
- New Billboard cover features photo shot with Apple's iPhone 7 Plus
- Apple CEO Tim Cook, SVP Eddy Cue attempted Imagine Entertainment buy — report [u]
- Apple at peak of Fortune 'Most Admired Companies' list for 10th straight year
- Patent used by Sportbrain in Apple Watch infringement suit under review by US Patent Office
- Apple's WWDC 2017 art borrows design concept from 2010 Spanish film festival [u]
- Facebook 'Trending' fights fake news on desktop & iPhone, displays trusted publisher & summary
- McDonald's parodies Jony Ive Apple design videos in promo for 'the STRAW'
- Fifth generation of Apple TV to bring 4K compatibility, little else - report
- Apple's WWDC 2017 returns to San Jose June 5-9, registration begins March 27
- Future iPhones might notify users when their coverglass cracks
- Apple investigating manual winding Apple Watch, iPhone
Friday, February 17, 2017
Thursday, February 16, 2017